Friday, July 15, 2011

When in Rome


So the saying goes, "when in Rome do as the Romans do."

Here I am, sitting in the gorgeous state of Oregon. Wouldn't it make sense to paint what is around me? Of course, although sometimes it takes a moment or even two to three years for that particular message to set in. What an opportunity I am presented with.

My family and I live in the country, we have squirrels and chipmunks, crows, hummingbirds, turkey vultures, coyote, frogs and harmless garter snakes and probably many other animals that I have not set eyes on yet. Why not make the most of this opportunity and paint them? What a wonderful idea!

So I do, although I must say it is somewhat difficult to paint something that doesn't stay still, so a photograph to paint from is the next best thing. Then of course I need to make it mine! Add a bit of me into the process.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, feel free to leave a comment and ask any questions. Thanks, Desray

Blog Archive