Friday, July 8, 2011

re evaluating

So here I am now, re evaluating things.

In order to decide which style I will paint in I embark on a mission to complete several in each style, firstly stylised using Maori patterns, the other large, bright, bold figuratives. These are some of the stylised paintings I get done.

 
Hummingbird, still on the easel






             Family heartbeat first edition

                                                  Finished - Eagle
                                                                                                          
As a guide, my artist friend who makes many sales each year - in the hundreds - I use as my model.
I branch out with prints and notecards.

Realising, after paying for several prints, that the quality of the photograph has a lot to do with how good the print looks. A slightly costly lesson. Learning is sometimes a little painful. I am going to have to retake some of the photos. They looked good on screen, however are too dark on the print.

The notecards are something I take care of on my own for now. I make up packs of 4 blank notecards using paintings from "Seashore", "Eagle", "Stairway to Heaven" and "Hummingbird".  Listing notecards on Etsy comes with a certain excitement and expectation. I list and wait.....and wait.....and wait.... . I am hopeful and can't help checking my email every 5 minutes (a slight exaggeration, close though). Got to stop that habit!

In the meantime I have a total of 16 paintings listed on imagekind.com. This is a time and a place when the quality of the shot is really important. After my printing error, I go back and redo my photos where necessary.

The learning curve doesn't stop.  
"Seashore"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, feel free to leave a comment and ask any questions. Thanks, Desray

Blog Archive